Rangitata High Country Hunting offer the following activities at Sherwood Park Estate:
- Air rifle range with high-powered air rifles available
- Bow range
- Putting green for golfers with clubs and putters available
- Basketball hoop, soccer ball and net
- Trap shooting
- Fly fishing for trout in the local streams and lakes
- 4×4 bikes and 4×4 tours over the surrounding properties
- A ski-field adjacent to the lodge operates from June/July onwards
Adventures Further Afield
Rangitata High Country Hunting are very proud of their country and invite you to experience its beauty and meet some local New Zealanders. Some of the adventures they can arrange for you:
- Helicopter scenic flights to the Glaciers, Mt Cook and more can be organized using Fiordland Helicopters.
- Wine tours to small boutique wineries are easily arranged and these are within an hour’s drive from the lodge.
- Jet Boat Rides on the Rangitata and Rakaia Rivers can also be arranged and are one hour’s drive from the lodge.
- Hot air ballooning with Aoraki Balloons is available and there is the possibility of the company taking flights from Sherwood depending on numbers, otherwise one hour’s drive away.
- A day trip to Mt Cook alpine village where you can lunch at the famous Hermitage Hotel, with a side trip to Lake Tekapo, is a must with Kiwi Safaris providing the vehicle and touring guide.
- Shopping excursions to out-of-the-way places for New Zealand made goods and produce using Kiwi Safaris vehicles and touring guide.
- Fixed wing flights to the Glaciers, West Coast and Mt Cook can be arranged using Air Safaris in Lake Tekapo. This is only 40 minutes drive from the lodge.
- Rafting on the Rangitata River with Rangitata Rafts is a must for serious adventurers as this is a grade 5 river. If staying at Stew Point Lodge, the rafts are put in the river right opposite the lodge and from Sherwood Park Estate, the drive is only one hour.
- Catch your own dinner with a trip to Mt Cook Salmon Ranch. Situated south of Lake Tekapo on one of the canals, you can fish for salmon and only pay for what you catch.
- Day trips to small towns in the area such as Geraldine, Fairlie and Waimate. Here you can visit the local museums, historical places, mini- zoos such as the one at Waimate, go shopping and lunch at some cute country restaurants and bistros.
- A round of golf at the local country golf course is also easily arranged with the nearest being only 30 minutes drive away.
- Horse trekking and bush walks can also be provided during your stay with us.